Do you need a content management system that provides several features with little or no hassle? You need to try TYPO3. It is perfect for websites with intricate structures, several data, and multilingual websites. Furthermore, TYPO3 is a top Content Management Systems (CMSs) with a wide global community. It is supported by about 900 participants of the TYPO3 alliance.
A lot of websites make use of some specific applications to manage, edit, and publish their content. Such application is known as a CMS – content management system. The management system makes it easy and efficient to manage a website rather than coding every page of a webpage manually.
Like other popular Content Management Systems, TYPO3 is an open-source application based on PHP (scripting language). TYPO3, including Drupal, WordPress, and Joomla are well-known CMSs worldwide; nonetheless, it is more popular in Europe. Also, the greatest market share is in German-speaking countries.
(Our Top Ranked #1 Web Host)
Note: This website ReviewPlan.com is hosted on SiteGround
Latest Uptime Stats (Real Records):
Server Response Speed Test Scored A+:
Features of TYPO3
TYPO3 has set of functions, interfaces, modules, and its efficient spectrum is executed by extensions. Presently, there are Over 5000 extensions available for download from TER or TYPO3 Extension Repository.
- TYPO3 works on HTTP servers like IIS or Apache and on MacOS, Linux, or Microsoft Windows.
- TYPO3 supports MySQL, PostgreSQL, Oracle, and more.
- The system runs on different web servers with a Central Processing Unit and a RAM size of 256 MB.
- The browser has no restriction for showcasing user-oriented web content created by TYPO3.
- TYPO3 offers capabilities and features that make it attractive and useful for different users. There is no need to learn and master PHP (Hypertext Preprocessor) in order to improve your website and add modules, features, and extensions.
- The great user interface of TYPO3 makes it effortless to handle websites that use TYPO3. Also, it has a community and documentation, which help to solve any problems that arise
Is TYPO3 ideal for your website?
While WordPress and various content management systems are popular, they also have advantages and disadvantages. Furthermore, WordPress is the perfect solution for a lot of webmasters, however, it has limitations and flaws too. WordPress began as a platform for blogging and expanded its attributes to become a strong content management system.
As a result, large websites like Sony entertainment, WWF, Greenpeace, and American Express make use of TYPO3 to handle the contents of their websites.
You may need TYPO3 for the following reasons:
- If your website has a lot of data and a complicated structure – TYPO3 has endless extendibility for handling different websites.
- If your website wants to scale bigger in time to come –TYPO3’s architecture is scalable and it is also used for small-scale websites.
- If you have a corporate or enterprise website.
- If your website has several users that need different stages of permissions – For websites administrators and content managers, TYPO3 provide options for setting comprehensive permissions so they can oversee the work provided by the group and individual users.
- If your website has web contents in different languages – TYPO3 has an integral localization system that is perfect for displaying content in various languages.
- If you want to manage your websites within a particular content management system – with a single TYPO3 installation, managing different websites from a single location is easy. Furthermore, you can share extensions and content among them.
The user-friendly interface of TYPO3 is a godsend to authors and editors. It provides an editor with different helpful and formatting features options usually found in WYSIWYG editors. TYPO3’s interface is similar to programs like Microsoft Word, which makes it a well-known and comfortable writing environment.
Tips on choosing a web hosting for TYPO3 application
Hosting TYPO3 requires similar programming and architecture as hosting different Content Management System solutions. As the popularity of Content Management Systems grows, more web hosts that support TYPO3 springs up yearly. Finding the perfect TYPO3 hosting is quite easy. Here is a useful checklist for selecting the perfect web host:
- What is the storage space provided?
- What is the storage capacity provided per domain?
- Does it support a SQL database?
- Does the web host start back-ups?
- Which version of PHP is used?
- Can you adopt important parameter files such as. php.ini and .htaccess yourself?
- Can you build the SQL databases?
You can upload Typo3 on a web server, which is installed on the website via a web browser. Basically, the connection with the main memory and SQL-data base are very important. Also, a great amount of web space is needed when TYPO3 is used. Besides the program data, you must give thoughts to the required space for documents, photos, and videos. Consequently, these add up to a huge number of GB (gigabytes).
An excellent host must know the problems of his clients. While safety checks and updates are done during the weekends, the host must offer a phone support that is available even on weekends too.
The performance of any web is determined by the size of the RAM. The least figure or size for Typo3 is 8 MegaBytes. However, this size will not be enough for you. The web hosts must consider this as well, that is why they offer about 64 MB as the basic version. However, if you have a vital Typo3 project, you will need 256 MB or 512 MB.
When managing the typo 3 web hosting, you must consider this:
- Typo3 is a high-quality and stable application. However, this only works if the surroundings abide by the individual claims associated with TYPO3.
- Typo3 hosting is operated by veryhost.com in different web hosting packages. To do this, install the program by using the 1-Click Installer.
It will be installed immediately and you can upgrade it anytime if it is necessary.
Also, make certain that your web hosting server is secured properly. Always choose a web hosting that will solve any server issues and provides backup frequently.
Read also: How to Install TYPO3 on SiteGround